Monday, March 7

Chicken Cordon Bleu

This is a little different than the recipe I usually use so I wasn't sure if it would be good. It turned out a little dry, probably because I didn't use all of the butter. 1/4 C seemed like a lot, but obviously it needed it! Again I served it with steamed veggies, a salad and mashed potatoes. I've started serving the salad first because my kids tend to eat more of it when they have nothing else on their plate.

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices swiss cheese
6 thin slices lean ham
1/4 C butter, melted
6 tsp dried parsley

  1. Preheat the oven to 375
  2. Pound out chicken breasts with meat hammer until they are all about the same thickness. I used two chicken breast for my little family and just cut them in half. It was enough to feed us all and some left over for Jared the next day.
  3. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 piece of ham inside each breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
  4. Dip breasts in butter and sprinkle with parsley.
  5. Bake in a covered baking dish for 45-55 minutes.

1 comment:

Mrs N said...

I'll be adding your cooking blog to my reader! This recipe looks like one my husband would like. :D