Monday, January 23

Chicken and Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups

These were super easy to throw together and unbelievably yummy! Not to mention they just looked pretty when I put them on the table ;) Most definitely not the healthiest recipe, but you have to have some comfort food once in a while! I think I may do this again for a meatless meal.


*I plan on freezing this batch. When I'm ready to bake them I'll just pull it out in the morning to thaw and reheat in a 375 oven.

2 C cooked chicken *I used half of a rotisserie chicken from Kroger*
1 C ricotta cheese
1/4 C grated parmesan cheese plus 2 T for sprinkling
1/4 C crumbled fetta cheese
1/4 C milk
2 T parsley
1/4 t Italian seasoning *optional*
1/8 t pepper
8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
2 C favorite spaghetti sauce
1 C frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry
1/2 C chopped mushrooms *I used crimini, they have great flavor*

In medium bowl combine chicken, cheeses, milk, pepper and Italian seasoning.  Spread 1/3-1/2 C mixture on each noodle and pat into a flat line down the middle of the noodle; roll up like a jelly roll. In a 9x13 baking dish spread 1 C spaghetti sauce until bottom is coated. Arrange lasagna noodles seam side down in the sauce in the pan. Top with remaining sauce down the middle of each roll. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and parsley on each one. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.

*I found through trial and error the easiest way to do this is get your water to a rolling boil and drop your noodles in one at a time. I cooked mine for two minutes less than the recommended time. After they were done I laid out a sheet of aluminum foil and using tongs to transfer each noodle to the foil. I found that doing it this way helped avoid tearing the noodles. After they are laid out top with cheese mixture, roll up and place in pan and then throw away the foil and the mess! 

No comments: