Friday, September 26

Fiesta Salad

So tonight I made my most favorite meal in the whole wide world! It's called fiesta salad and I actually got the recipe off Kraft, but I've tweaked it so much it really doesn't seem like the original any more. This is a great recipe if you are running behind or if you just don't want to cook.
Fiesta Salad
1 can black beans rinsed
1 can corn
torn lettuce (I use a combo of red leaf, green leaf and spinach)
chopped carrots (I use matchstick)
shredded cheese
salsa
mayo or miracle whip (optional)
I serve everything buffet style so every one can get what they want and however much they want. I mix the salsa and miracle whip together, like a 4:1 ratio, and used it like a salad dressing. Walmart has an amazing store brand salsa that my Grandpa Carter turned me on to. I use the mild black bean and corn and just a little of the hot because Jared likes the kick! You can serve this over chips or in home made tortilla bowls (recipe follows)
Tortilla Bowls
Tortillas
foil
cookie sheet
chili powder
Gently crumple to foil until it forms medium sized balls. I microwave the tortillas for about 30 seconds just so they're more pliable. Drape them over the foil balls and sprinkle with chili powder. Bake at 425 for 6-8 minutes. Jared and Melody gobble these up!

No comments: