Saturday, January 17

AMAZING bread sticks!

I found the easiest, most amazing recipe for breadsticks. I've been trying to figure out the whole bread thing without a whole lot of luck, but then I tried these and they turned out great! I found it on the blog my kitchen cafe she has great bread recipes and lots of tips for people like me who are bread retarded!
1 ½ cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
3 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
Butter for the pan
Mix all ingredients (except butter) and knead for three minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Melt desired amount of butter on baking pan (the original recipe called for 1 entire stick of butter - that was way too much for my taste - I use a couple tablespoons). Roll out dough about 1/8-inch thick and cut into strips. Place in butter and put close together. Sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise 30 minutes. Bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
I usually make half with parmesan and garlic and the other half with cinnamon and sugar. So Yummy!

No comments: